The travel ban on travellers from certain countries was supposed to be suspended in September but the court ruling on that has only just been announced.
The court’s ruling on the validity of the ban has been delayed due to an emergency stay on the order by the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court has already set out its guidelines on the implementation of the travel restrictions.
The ruling on whether the ban is valid is likely to be appealed by some travellers.
Earlier this week, India’s Supreme Court had given the green light to the government to introduce the travel restriction.
The court was expected to issue a stay order on the ban, but has instead asked for more time.
After the Supreme Board of Hajj and Umrah ruled in favour of the government on the issue, India said it would not be able to continue with the ban because the court’s order had been “abruptly” issued.
On Sunday, a senior government official told NDTV that the Supreme Council of Islamic Ideology had decided to withdraw its appeal.
“The government has made a decision to withdraw the appeal of the Supreme Commission of Hajji and Umra.
We are now in touch with the relevant agencies and have made a final decision,” the official said.
India’s Supreme Council on Islamic Ideologies was appointed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014.
It has also been ordered to implement the new restrictions and ensure that the travel of foreign nationals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia and Belarus is suspended for the next two months.
In its statement, the council said: “We have decided to initiate the steps necessary to implement our mandate and will be closely monitoring the court order.
“We also request that all those who are travelling from these countries not to travel.
All these measures are aimed at ensuring the security of the country and are necessary to safeguard the sanctity of life of the nation and people of the world.