The Irish government has issued an emergency ban on all air travel in the capital city after a report by the aviation regulator.
The Dublin Airport Authority (DA) said that the ban will apply to all flights, which will go into effect on Friday, October 6.
The ban will be in place until further notice.
Dublin Airport Authority director general Paul O’Neill said that there was a high likelihood of an incident when flying in Dublin.
He said that passengers are now asked to be aware of the ban as well as the increased security measures in place in the city.
There are no immediate plans to remove the ban, but he said that in the event of an emergency it would be reviewed and extended.
In a statement, the DA said that it had been given extensive advice and that the information provided was ‘vitally important to the safety of passengers and crew’.
In a blog post published on Sunday, the agency said that this advice included “consideration for the safety and welfare of passengers in particular” and said that “airport staff will also be required to carry out heightened security checks and ensure the safety, health and welfare” of all passengers.
“A thorough and robust risk assessment has been conducted by aviation authorities and an emergency order is in place,” the agency added.
It said that its review would continue until the “time is appropriate to review and make recommendations”.
Mr O’Sullivan said that he was “extremely disappointed” by the decision, which he described as a “significant step backwards” for the airport and for the city as a whole.
“I have spoken to our Dublin Airport team and have assured them that I will continue to work with them to ensure that they are prepared to implement this decision,” he said.
The airport authority said that they would be issuing a new airport visitor card and the new visitor card will only allow travel to and from Dublin.
Mr O’,Sullivan said in a statement that he would also be consulting with the Department of Transport to “address any issues” that might arise from this.
Mr Golan said that his concern is that the Dublin Airport will be unable to provide the necessary security measures.
“It is absolutely essential that Dublin Airport staff have the appropriate training and experience to deal with such an incident,” he added.
In the meantime, he said, he would be contacting passengers to get their views.
“If you are travelling in the Dublin region, you should be aware that Dublin has the highest crime rate in Ireland.
This includes murder, rape and aggravated assault,” he wrote.
He added that it is important that the public has confidence in the safety at Dublin Airport, adding: “We are a very safe city and it is absolutely imperative that the people who travel there are also confident in their safety.”
Dublin City Council will continue working with the authorities to ensure the airport’s security is taken into account, Mayor Michael McGrath said.